|Thomson Reuters Checkpoint (formerly RIA) - a full-text database of federal, state, and some international tax materials. It contains full text laws and regulations as well as a number of important secondary tax research sources. Includes:|
|Tax News||International Tax Library||Tax Alerts|
|Federal Library||Estate Planning Library||Payroll Library|
|State & Local Tax Library||Pension & Benefit Library||WG&L Journals|
You may prefer to set up your own personalized Checkpoint account by choosing to register, but this is not necessary for you to have off campus access to the database. Registering will allow you to save documents, searches and settings, and to receive on-line training. If you have any problems registering with Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, contact the library via chat.
To register for a Checkpoint username and password:
- Click here for instructions on registering for a personalized account. (There have been problems when using Explorer, we suggest using Firefox or Chrome to register).
- A registration page appears. Fill it out and click "Register."
- You will receive an e-mail with your Checkpoint username and temporary password (the usernames are fairly long and can’t be changed). The e-mail contains a link to Checkpoint. (This process normally takes less than 10 minutes).
Go to Checkpoint
- Enter your username and password. Usernames and passwords are not case sensitive.
- Click the Login button. You will go through New User Setup screens, including a prompt to change your password. New passwords must be 7-20 characters and include at least one letter and one number.
- Once this process is finished, you can now access Checkpoint from any computer that has Internet access. (The computer does not need to be connected to the university).