Useful Resources for Gathering Background Information
Before you begin your preliminary research, it is necessary to reflect on where you ultimately want to go with the research. Consider these questions to get started:
- What is your purpose or goal with this research?
- What do you already know about the area or field?
- What do you need to know about the ara or field?
- Where might you start your preliminary research?
Use these Pre-Search Materials or the Library Search to find background information for your topic:
- Credo Reference
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- CQ Researcher
- Carrot2 Search Engine (check out the "foam tree")